(If you are looking for our detailed Data Protection Notice that relates to specific data we hold, such as medical data of clients, it can be found here.)
We want visitors to our websites to be able to take part fully in the activities and information we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting http://www.transjersey.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“the Law”), the data controller is Liberate Limited t/a Liberate of P O Box 567, St Helier, Jersey, JE4 5WN (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
- Email and other contact details: You may wish to contact us from time to time by sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on one of our websites. We will only use this information to respond to your query or suggestion.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other online pages we operate or the other services we provide, such as online payment sites. We may also receive information about you from any of business partners to whom you may have given your details with permission for them to send it to us. We may also receive information about you if you follow us on social media. We will only use this information for any purpose to which you consented when you provided your personal details.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to selected third parties including:
- Clinical partners for the performance of our care of you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites that do not belong to us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.